Site hosted by Build your free website today!










Evidence For A Crash Retrieval In Cape Girardeau Missouri In 1941

Ryan S. Wood

This paper will review the primary and secondary sources and evidence for the reality of
an extraterrestrial spacecraft crash-retrieval in Cape Girardeau, Missouri in the spring of 1941. It
draws upon the new Majestic and Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit intelligence documents that
support the hypothesis of an extraterestrial crash and reviews the authenticity results for each.
Furthermore, suggestive and supporting authentic documents interconnect to these new ones and
ultimately advance the reasonable conclusion that according to both the paper trail and witnesses
this is the “First Roswell.” Close attention is paid to the primary witness, Reverend Huffman, and
related testimony of granddaughter Charlette Mann. Historical research in the area has identified
other witnesses and likely participants in the event. Specifics of police, fire, photographers,
coroners and military commanders that likely should have been at the scene are analyzed and
tested for accuracy. Other sources are analyzed for validity and contrasted with known historical
facts, pinning down the date and location of the event.


The evidence for this case begins when
Leo Stringfield, in his book UFO
Crash/Retrievals: The Inner Sanctum, Status
Report VI shares an astounding letter from
Charlette Mann. In the letter, the
granddaughter of Reverend William Huffman,
a traveling Baptist minister that had moved to
Cape Girardeau and started ministering at the
Red Star Baptist church in early 1941,
according to church records. Charlette’s letter
recounted the deathbed confession of her
grandmother who during the course of several
days described the unusual event that Revered
Huffman attended late one early spring night
just 10-15 miles by car outside of Cape
Girardeau. The quick summary of the event
was that when Huffman arrived at the scene,
there were police, fire, FBI and photographers
already there and he was asked to provide
blessings to the three dead occupants of the
craft. During this process he observed the
command module with hieroglyphic writing
inside and prayed over each of these nonhuman

When the military arrived everyone was
sworn to secrecy, yet upon returning home to
1530 Main Street he choose to share this story
with his wife and family. With this intriguing
story and later personally meeting Charlette I
became convinced that here was a credible
witness and bizarre story that was in dire need
of validation.

That confirmation came from many sources
in last few years, with the freshly revealed
Majestic documents from Tim Cooper and
others that clearly point to a UFO crash
retrieval in Missouri in 1941. Below is a table
of information sources that have been unused
to investigate this case; they vary in credibility
and scope but all provided valuable data for
the reality of this historic event.


Reverend William Huffman, pictured below,
had a unique specialty in the Baptist church:
he had the gift of raising money for the church.
He was a specialist that spent about four years
in a location to build churches, their
attendance, fellowship and cash flow. He
would connect with local leaders to improve
the exposure and participation at the church.
Personally, he was a horticulturist and despite
the stern look in his picture he had a good deal
of charm and innate salesmanship.

Upon returning from his escorted trip to the
crash site, he proceeded to tell his wife and
sons what had just happened in the woods a
short drive outside of town. It was this
retelling of the events that night to his wife


Floy that Charlette would hear in 1984 from
her grandmother over the course of several
days as she was dying of cancer. It is
important to note that this is not the only time
Charlette was exposed to this story. During her
childhood she heard bits and pieces during
conversations of her father and uncle and
when Floy was dying pressed her to fill in the
specific details as to what really happened that
spring evening in 1941. It took a fair amount
of pleading with her grandmother initially to
convince her to violate the commitment she
had made to her husband not to speak of it.
Eventually, Charlette succeeded in extracting
the story. She kept after the story for several
days clarifying with her grandmother until
Charlette was confident that she completely
understood what had happened and the details.

One of the most intriguing aspects is that
after the crash event a member of his
congregation, believed to be Garland D.
Fronabarger, gave reverend Huffman a picture
of the dead non-human creature. This will be
discussed later in the paper.

The following is part of the story in
Charlette’s own words as recorded for Wood
& Wood LLC’s upcoming television

“I saw the picture originally from my dad who had
gotten it from my grandfather who was a Baptist
minister in Cape Girardeau Missouri in the Spring

of ‘41. I saw that [picture] and asked my
grandmother at a later time she was at my home
fatally ill with cancer so we had a frank discussion.
She said that grandfather was called out in the
spring of 1941 in the evening around 9:00-9:30,
that someone had been called out to a plane crash
outside of town and would he be willing to go to
minister to people there which he did. Upon arrival
it was a very different situation. It was not a
conventional aircraft, as we know it. He described
it as a saucer that was metallic in color, no seams,
did not look like anything he had seen. It had been
broken open in one portion, and so he could walk
up and see that. In looking in he saw a small metal
chair, gauges and dials and things he had never
seen. However, what impressed him most was
around the inside there were inscriptions and
writings, which he said he did not recognize, but
were similar to Egyptian hieroglyphics. There were
3 entities, or non-human people, lying on the
ground. Two were just outside the saucer, and a
third one was further out. His understanding was
that perhaps that third one was not dead on impact.
There had been mention of a ball of fire, yet there
was fire around the crash site, but none of the
entities had been burned and so father did pray
over them, giving them last rites. There were many
people there, fire people, photographers, and so
they lifted up one, and two men on either side
stood him up and they stretched his arms out, they
had him up under the armpits and out here. As I
recall from the picture I saw, he was about 4 feet
tall, appeared to have no bone structure, soft
looking. He had a suit on, or we assume it was a
suit, it could have been his skin, and hat looked
like crinkled, soft aluminum foil. I recall it had
very long hands, very long fingers, and I think
there were three but I cannot swear to that.”

Other living supporting witnesses include
Charlette Mann’s sister who confirms her story
in a notarized sworn affidavit and the living
brother of the Cape Girardeau County sheriff
in 1941, Clarance R. Schade. These witness
and the others that were there, should have
been there or likely would have known about
this crash event will be examined later. Now


let us turn our attention to other key validating
sources for this crash recovery event in 1941 –
the military intelligence documents.


Are there public authentic documents that
support and corroborate the hypothesis of
before Roswell crash retrieval events? The
first public evidence of this is the February
1942 “L.A. Air Raid”. In this case for a couple
of hours a slow moving craft was illuminated
with spotlights, 1430 rounds of ammunition
were fired, many clear direct hits, according to
witnesses of the disk shaped object. George C.
Marshall (GCM) then writes a secret memo to
the President about this event. However, what
is fascinating is that this memo sets up the
authentication of a leaked top secret memo
that tells a different story of crash recoveries.

J. Edgar Hoover (JEH) also weighs in on
notion of crashes before Roswell with his
handwritten statement at the end of a
declassified memo requesting involvement
with UFO cases by the Air Force, by saying: “I
would do it but before agreeing to it we must
insist on full access to disks recovered. For
instance in the La. Case the Army grabbed it
and would not let us have it for cursory
The critical debate is what does “La. Case”
mean? Is it Los Angeles because of the air
raid, Los Alamos because that is where
Roswell wreckage was taken, or Louisiana?
Odds favor Louisiana, because this is the right
mailing format for the time – La.; JEH was
very good about his capitalization and initials
because I reviewed his handwritten notes on
about a dozen documents confirming this.
Counterintelligence Corps agent Cantwell,
from the Tim Cooper documents, talks about a
“captured disk in Louisiana in 1942. Critics
point to a small time hoax case in July of 1947
as the reason for this comment, but logic
dictates that JEH would not have bothered to
make any comment on a known hoax or even
consider using it as policy leverage with the
Air Force. Hence, more evidence for pre-
Roswell crash events. Yet the most stunning
evidence for pre-Roswell events comes from
of leaked military and presidential intelligence


Seven leaked documents from three sources
since 1994 provide both direct and indirect
support for a crash retrieval event that
Reverend Huffman recounts. It is clear from
the first memo that president Franklin D.
Roosevelt (FDR) writes to GCM on February
27, 1942, “I have considered the disposition of
the material in possession of the Army that
may be of great significance toward the
development of a super weapon of
War”…Consultation with Dr. Bush and other
scientists on the issue of finding practical uses
for the atomic secrets learned from study of
celestial devices…” Just days after the L.A. air
raid and related saucer crash retrievals it
would be impossible for the president to have
“considered the disposition” of the material
collected at that L.A. event; therefore, he must
be referring to an earlier crash. Which brings
us to that ever-nagging question: how do we
know that these fantastic statements and
documents are authentic?

The key evidence for authenticity is format
and language, with liabilities primarily the
document origin. Although not discussed here,
the logic for faking such documents is
extremely weak and is discussed in another
paper titled “Psychological Warfare and the
Majestic Documents.” However, another
document that is even more supportive of the
pre-Roswell hypothesis and has fewer
liabilities is the Top Secret memo from
Marshall to the President dated just one week
after the Los Angeles air raid on March 5,
1942. It discusses the creation of the a special
unit ultimately to become the Interplanetary
Phenomena Unit (IPU) and the crash retrievals
of two more saucers: one by the Army in the
San Bernardino Mountains, east of Los
Angeles, and the other salvaged by the Navy
off the southern California coast, presumably
because of anti-aircraft fire. Again the
questions must turn to why is this document


What impresses me besides the visual
appearance of the document, showing a clear
carbon smudge (that can be seen at, is the fact that
just two weeks later Marshall’s offices
switches from the Office of Chief of Staff
(OCS) filing system and memo numbering to
the war department system. So, besides the
proper Marshall word usage and format it has
the correct filing numbers that link it to the
Los Angeles air raid. The downside is that it is
not original paper.

Next we come to a memo addressed to the
Non-Terrestrial Science and Technology
Committee, on White House stationary dated
February 22, 1944, which is stamped Double
Top Secret and signed by FDR. This memo
says that before we can exploit these “super
weapons of war” we need to win the war first.
It goes on to say that when we have won the
war the USA must assume its destiny; there
will be a time when surplus funds will be
available; and finally, FDR commends the
committee for its work. Why is it authentic?

These previous three documents are new
and arrived in the summer of 2000. Yet, other
Majestic documents that arrived at Tim
Cooper’s mailbox and through his personal
contact with Thomas Cy Cantwell and
daughter Salina also provide evidence for pre-
Roswell crash events. For instance, the
Oppenheimer-Einstein draft memo dated
simply June 1947 has the first discussion of
extraterrestrial biological entities (EBEs) in
the UFO literature.

Critics have attacked this document because
of misspelling of celestial, yet at the same time
discounted the very real possibility that it was
dictated to a secretary and that the document is
only a draft copy. Powerful compelling
evidence in favor of authenticity is the unique
language used, words such as “supranational,”


“res-nullius,” and “Pentateuch” have been
verified at the Princeton archives. Even the
language style of this draft and other
Einstein’s authentic writings shows that
characteristic laconic phrasing defined by
concise language use and parenthetical comma


In the MAJIC Eyes Only presidential
briefing dated September 24, 1947 (Mission
Assessment of Recovered Lenticular Aerodyne
Objects – White Hot Intelligence Estimate)
two sections directly cite the 1941 recovery
case. The first is in “Part III — Scientific
Probabilities” and the second in “Part V —
National Security Structure.” Part III states:
“Based on all available evidence collected
from the recovered exhibits currently under
study by AMC, AFSWP, NEPA, AEC, ONR,
MIT, are deemed extraterrestrial in nature.
This conclusion was reached as a result of
comparisons of artifacts from the Missouri
discovery in 1941. The technology is outside
the scope of US Science, even that of German
rocket and aircraft development.”

The from the Missouri logically fits into the
space provided and is consistent with
supporting testimony, although I’m sure that

other words would fit and make sense. The
fact that in Part V the author laments the lack
of a unified intelligence effort I think is
noteworthy and a very valid argument for
authenticity. It is just another subtlety that is
hard to create out of whole cloth and insert
seamlessly. Here is what was said, “In the
early months of 1942, up until present,
intrusions of unidentified aircraft have
occasionally been documented, but there has
been no serious investigations by the
intelligence arm of the Government. Even the
recovery case of 1941 did not create a unified
intelligence effort to exploit possible
technological gains with the exception of the
Manhattan Project.” So why is this document

Besides the unique period language, what
moved it to the 95% confidence level for
authenticity was my research into the
personnel on the mission. During the process
of tabulating President Truman’s White House
switchboard traffic for who called whom,
when, and how often, I came across the name
of Captain Charles Buchanan. He was the only
Captain ever mentioned in the 1947 phone
records and — wouldn’t you know it —
General Carter calls Captain Buchanan on July
7, 1947 at 4:44pm. So, is this just a
coincidence? I don’t think so.


In a letter dated January 30, 1996 our
mysterious documents provider, Cantwell,
writes a short sentence about an “aerodyne
recovered in 1941 that crashed in southwestern
Missouri and the one captured in 1942 in

Note the adjective southwestern rather than
the presumably correct southeastern. Is this
just an innocent statement of a 90-year-old
man misremembering or mistyping or
misdirecting us from the true event? Note that
other Cantwell statements have provided valid
information in the past like the correlation
with JEH’s Louisiana recovered disk.


To answer this question fairly takes
considerable time; there are the direct
comments of Huffman and then the logical
extensions that flow from the Huffman
statements. This section will break out the
officials at the site, those with a clear
responsibility to be there, the military
personnel that came to recover the craft and
take control, the civilians that were asked by
the officials to come to the site and finally, the
people that would have logically heard about
this event through both their official and

unofficial communications. Let’s begin again
with Charlette’s testimony as to who was at
the crash site:

“My grandfather upon arrival, said there were
already several people there on the scene, two that
he assumed were local photographers, fire people,
and so not long after they arrived, military just
showed up, surrounded the area, took them off in
groups separately, and spoke to each of them.
Grandfather didn’t know what was said to the
others, but he was told ‘this didn’t happen, you
didn’t see this, this is national security, it is never
to be talked about again.’ My grandfather was an
honorable man, being a preacher, that’s all that
needed to be said to him. And so he came home
and told the story to my dad, who was there, and
my grandmother and my uncle. Now my mother
was expecting at the time, so she was off in the
bedroom. My sister was born May 3rd 1941, so we
are assuming this was the middle to the last of
April. And he never spoke of it again. But about
two weeks later, one of the men who had a
personal camera that he had put in his shirt pocket,
approached grandfather and said I think someone
needs a copy of this. I have one and I would like
you to keep one. So that’s how it came about that
grandfather had the picture to begin with. But he
never spoke of it again. The other people seem to
be very intimidated and very frightened and

Given Charlette’s testimony of police
officers, plainclothes people, and military men,


the most appropriate officials would be the
County sheriff, Cape Girardeau or Jackson
Missiouri police departments and associated
fire departments along with the FBI and

Since this event happened outside of the
town limits the county sheriff would have been
the responsible party, Ruben Reinhold Schade.

near as powerful as the Huffman – Mann
testimony, I give it partial credit for being a
sincere recollection, especially given the
wording he used, “little people” rather than
ET, alien, or non-human.

The Cape Girardeau police chief in 1941
was Marshall F. Morton; he died in 1974 and
at present I have been unable to locate any
relatives, living or dead.

After his employment at the sheriff’s
department, he went to work for the
Southeastern Missourian newspaper. His
children have been contacted along with his
brother Clarance R. Schade. The brother
provided a supportive but not definitive
statement when interviewed “yes, I heard of a
space ship with ‘little people’ back a long time
ago but never believed it.” Although nowhere

What is interesting about Morton is that
after this event is that he was selected to attend
the FBI academy in Quantico, Virginia and
spent two years there on and off between 1941
and 1946. Does this appointment seem logical
for a very small Midwest town?

Potentially just weeks before this UFO
crash event outside of Cape Girardeau the FBI
opened an office, ostensibly a satellite from St
Louis, with Special Agent G. B. Norris making
the announcement. The agent assigned to this
field office is unknown a present.


The Fire Department under the direction of
Chief Carl James Lewis is potentially one of
the most useful sources of information. The
Fire Department kept detailed notes on the
fires it went to including date time, location,
durations, causes and damage estimates.
Thanks to the outstanding research of my on-
site historical research assistant, Margaret, we
found and secured photocopies of the entire
1941 fire logbook.

The testimony has the military coming to
swear everyone to secrecy and take away the
evidence. Where did they come from? Just a
short fifty miles away was the Sikeston
military base. This was not a random base at
the time but was the “top gun” flight-training
base before the war started. Hundreds of pilots
were trained there and there was a large

contingency of British flight instructors
working through a private corporation and not
on the direct military payroll. It was logical
that these soldiers and officers would have
been called to initially examine and ultimately
manage the transportation and removal of the
wreckage back to the base. Besides military
guards and truck drivers, most likely the
commander, medical officer and intelligence
officer would have either visited the site or
seen the wreckage first hand.

I have photographs of many of these
individuals and a short history of the 309th’s
activities. At the time of this writing, further
details and unit histories are being researched
at the National Archives and the St. Louis
National Personnel Records Center. Ideally,
this will pin down precisely the people who
would have been responsible. The next
mission will be to find them or their living

Allegedly, there were three dead nonhuman
bodies and they would have needed to
be removed. How would that have been done?
Little caskets like in the Roswell case or field
body bags on stretchers? It could go either
way, but I find it interesting that one of the
local funeral homes at the time is named
Cracraft-Miller. Cape police officer John
Cracraft was likely involved because everyone


on the force would know about his family
connection, especially the coroner.

It is logical to believe that if this event is
real, that many others would have heard about
it over the years or in secretive conversations
or wild tales. Below is a list of logical
candidates. Each person and related family is
being researched.

his profession. He had a reputation as a great
photographer and surprisingly he was a good
friend of Harry Truman, then Senator Truman.
Besides being a Baptist and logically attending
Reverend Huffman’s church he was known for
his color photography of roses — one of
Huffman’s horticultural passions.


A genuine alien photograph would be
outstanding supporting evidence for this case
and when I first heard of this photo from
Charlette I knew resolving this aspect of the
case was critical. To review, a few weeks after
the event a photographer that was at the scene
approached Huffman and gave him a copy of
this photograph as recreated below, depicting
two police officers with a dead alien being
held between them.

Huffman stated via Charlette that in
addition to military personnel there were
photographers at the scene. One of the most
likely candidates was Garland F. Fronabarger

– “Frony” according to his obituary. He was a
photographer for six decades, many of them
with the Southeastern Missourian newspaper.
In 1941 he supported the paper via contract
work and was out in the community applying
In a videotaped interview, Charlette retells
the story of the alien photograph and how she
came to be aware of it:

“Well, the first awareness that I had of it is actually
a picture that my father had and it was at a dinner
party. And I had heard rumors, and bits and pieces
over conversations, but it was a picture, an old
picture, because it had… it was like the old Kodak,
with the little lines and scallops around it. There


were two men holding up a non-human, is the best
way I can describe it, little entity, a little person,
who appeared to be about 4 feet tall. They had him
under the armpits with arms outstretched on either
side of him. And he was… it was difficult to tell if
it was his skin or a suit. It looked as if he had no
bone structure, very, very long arms. I vaguely
remember three fingers, but I couldn’t swear to
that. He had the oval eyes this way, a slit for a
mouth and it looked like two little dots where ears
should be, and his skin looked as if it were soft,
crinkly aluminum foil, not that thick. I remember
at the time it making a large impression on me,
because of the eyes, so I can’t tell you what his feet
were like because I didn’t see that.”

“Well, it never actually left me, that picture
haunted me. And I had heard bits… just as a child,
bits and pieces of this puzzle, for me it was a
puzzle. And to hear things from my father was one
thing, but it was very important I had validation
from a more solid place. So when my grandmother
became ill and came to our home while she took
chemotherapy, I approached her to speak of it. And
two times she turned me down. She said your
grandfather said we would never speak of this
again, so I won’t. And finally in desperation, I said
grandmother this is something that is important for
me, and grandfather is gone and it’s been a long
time. So then she sat down and she filled in all the
details, the missing things, as to Cape Girardeau
being the town, the year, in spring, she said light
jackets, but not hot. So all of the pieces then fell in
part, together.”

Charlette’s father, Guy Huffman, had told
the crash retrieval story and had offered the
photograph as proof to a photographer friend
of his in the 1953–1955 timeframe. The
photographer’s name was Walter Wayne Fisk.
Stan Friedman, also recognizing the
importance of this photo, tracked Fisk down in
New Mexico and spoke with him on the
telephone, where a strange tale emerged. Fisk
stated he had a doctorate in psychology, yet
Friedman was unable to verify his claim along
with Fisk’s statement that he was an advisor to
presidents. Fisk has repeatedly refused to
answer or respond to phone calls or letters
written by Charlette Mann. Is this the response
of a forthcoming man?

Fisk will eventually be broken of his silence
and we will get an answer as to what happened
to the photo or we will get a no comment
statement or similar brush off. Either way this
will move the case forward.


Now we come to the really hard questions.
When may be easier then where, but as of this
writing solid progress has been made on both
questions. We know from Charlette’s
testimony that Huffman was driven about 1015
miles outside of town and then had to walk


about a quarter mile or so off the road into an
open field were a fire was burning. Given
these basic parameters, the search area has
narrowed to about five square miles, actually
areas adjacent to roads at the time. Historical
aerial photography is available for October
1941 and provides a complete stereoscopic
overflight of the area as shown. One area looks

This target area was visited in August 2000
with metal detectors; however nothing was
recovered of significance. Other locations,
identified by dowsers in the aerial photography
have not yet been visited at the time of this

The Fire Department records for Cape
Girardeau are very precise. Although there is
no clear stunning match with Charlette’s story,
there are several good candidates. According
to the story, the Fire Department was on site,
but which one: Jackson, or Cape, or both? If
they were sworn to secrecy by the military,
would they write the event down in their
logbook or would they record it accurately? At
present, all I have is the Cape fire logbook for
1941. An examination of fires in the evening
for late March and April show only a few
possible matches. On March 30th, from 6:22
pm to 6:58 pm in Houck Woods (actually
Louis Houck who lived in the correct area —

10–15 miles out of town). On April 22, from

11:59 pm to 4:35 am at the Blattner brothers
residence out highway 61, again the correct
area. It will take a review of the historical
aerial photography to verify these fires.
Charlette’s testimony is that it happened
one April 1941 evening because her mother
was pregnant with her sister who was born on
May 3rd of 1941.

At this time the precise location and date is
unconfirmed, further research with police,
military records, and fire call logs is planned
along with aerial photography and ground
surveys. Although of speculative value without
confirmation, remote viewer Joe McMoneagle
of Intuitive Intelligence Applications provided
data purporting that there are small pieces of
wreckage still at the crash site that are
recoverable. Annette Martin, another well-
known psychic sleuth confirmed much of the
Huffman–Mann story and provided new
checkable data.


After working on this case for about two years
and talking with Charlette Mann on numerous
occasions either briefly on the phone, over
dinner, or in front of a television camera, her


story, demeanor, and integrity provided no
hints of deception or confabulation. I, like Leo
Stringfield ten years earlier, came to the
conclusion that she is a very sincere woman
with a quality case worthy of a dedicated effort
at validation. The story does not hinge on
Charlette’s testimony alone; there are the low
level stories from credible people that loosely
support the event, like Clarance Schade. Then
there is the deliberate silence of Wayne Fisk,
the last person to have handled the alleged
alien photograph. Adding more weight to the
validity of the story is the highly believable
and likely authentic leaked military and
presidential documents that support a crash
retrieval in 1941. It is the totality of these facts
that that lead me to think it is reasonable to
conclude that there was a crash event as
described by Reverend Huffman’s wife to
Charlette Mann.

The conclusions and implications are more
predicable and are widely supported outside of
this specific case. Namely, ET’s are real;
certain factions of the government have been
hiding this fact since at least 1941; and the
involvement has been a matter of grave
concern to several presidents. The recovered
technology from this crash was funneled into
the Manhattan project and has not been
obviously used for the benefit of society. No
doctorates of alien exobiology awarded or
gravity control companies. Ironically, it may
not be society that benefits from this event but
the city of Cape Girardeau as tourists flock to
visit the site and learn more about a special
time and place in history: the “First Roswell.”

The final resolution to this case is still in
the future. It may come in the form of physical
evidence, bits of wreckage, new witnesses,
historical aerial photography, soil samples, or
archival research. All these fronts are being

actively worked and there is every reason to
predict success.


Looking for witnesses, stories,
documents, or leads that support this
Accessing historical FBI personnel
Accessing historical Cape Girardeau or
Jackson, MO police records and call

Leo Stringfield, in his book UFO
Crash/Retrievals: The Inner Sanctum,
Status Report VI. Published in July 1991,
page 69–71.

Psychological Warfare and the majestic
Documents: Little Evidence of Deception,
Obituary of Garland Fonbarger, Southeast
Missourian, November 22, 1992.
Newspaper article: FBI Office in Cape
Planned, Southeast Missourian, March 7,
1941.Newspaper article: Obituary Charles
H. Sanders, former Jackson Mayor Dies,
November 8, 1984.
Newspaper article: Obituary Ruben R.
Schade, Southeastern Missourian, January
2, 1986.
Newspaper article: Obituary Carl Lewis,
Southeastern Missourian, November 15,
Newspaper article: Obituary W. Hinkle
Statler, Southeastern Missourian, April 23,
Newspaper article: Obituary Norval ‘Grub’
Short, Southeastern Missourian, August
13, 1993.
10. 1938 Road Map of Cape Girardeau
11. 1939 Cape Girardeau Telephone book,
Cape Girardeau Public Library.

12. Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home, 708 W.
Main, Jackson, MO.
13. 1941 Record of Fires and Alarms, Cape
Girardeau Fire Museum.
14. Private research report by Kenny Young,
May 1999.
15. FBI FOIA requests and responses for
Morton, Lewis, Schade.
16. National
Archives and Record
Administration photography, RG145, Can
1850, image TV-4B-49, 50, 10/25/1941.
17. Correspondence with Stan Friedman, April
16, 1999, concerning Walter Fisk.
18. Cape
Girardeau County Genealogical
Society, PO Box 389, Jackson, MO 63755.
19. An
anecdotal report of a UFO
crash/retrieval in 1941, by Walter Webb,
International UFO Reporter, Winter 1996.
20. Past In The Roses.
21. Cape Girardeau: Biography of A City, by
Snider and Collins, Ramfire Press, MO.
22. 309th AAFFTD – Missouri Institute of
Aeronautics, Sikeston, MO 1942, Sikeston
Public Library.

Latest UFO sightings.docx

ufo document.docx

Roswell Document.pdf